1.08.2010

Day 1 : Testing, testing 1 2




OK so today is Friday January 8, 2010. I will start a little project inspired by the movie Julie & Julia. My project is a lot easier than hers, I will write a blog entry of 500 words or more every day for a year. I can write more if I want to, but i cant write any less than 500. No matter the topic, the grammar might be iffy but that can fixed later on, its not the point. The point is that i force myself to write every day. I always said I wanted to be a writer, but I've never sat down and wrote. I read a lot, i have that part down, no problem, but writing consistently, day in, day out, I cant seem to do it. Until now.


So this year instead of vague resolutions, I'm setting concrete goals and going for them right away. I'm not sure I want to be the famous writer i dreamed of ten, fifteen years ago, but i want to write. I want to create the habit of writing and I think this is a good way, even if is not an original one. I might write in English or in Spanish, about movies or music or TV or books. Ill be writing about anything and everything, most will probably make no sense but i have to keep doing it.


500 words is a lot more than I thought it would be. I'm about ready to quit. I wont.


I just got home from watching Avatar. I hated it. I honestly enjoyed nothing about that movie. I don't care that I'm the only person in the world who didn't like it, James Cameron can send me my money back. First of all, the world he created, the images are beautiful ill give him that but did it really need to be that long? The plot line wouldn't have lost anything if he took out an extra fifty minutes, maybe i would've liked it more, it wouldn't have seem so slow. Second could the dialogue be any cheesier?? Really I was almost expecting Jake Sully to scream “I'm the King of the World” when he rode the red dragon thingy (insert eye roll).




I can list more stuff, but I'm just not in the mood to talk about it, I'm already mad is going to win every Oscar known to man and I haven't even seen the competition!! And to top it all off they are planning a Sequel (AVATWO? Cameron says a sequel is coming!) really? is it going to take 12 years to make this one too? I hope so, really, that's how long i´ll need before i pay money to see another James Cameron movie, ever!!!!


Man this is is going to be hard. I still have like forty words to go. I think I'm going to allow myself a twenty four hour window. I need to write 500 a day, not in one try so as long as i have five hundred words within the time frame I'm good.




Yay : 524 down, 181,976 to go

3 comments:

  1. Really, you enjoyed nothing? Not even the 3D stuff? Why didn't you just walk out and save yourself the eye bleeding? I woulda parked myself by the Yogen Früz stand and waited for the rest of the gang to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realmente Marce, creo que medio estoy contigo en esta...En general, la peli si me gusto, pero de por Dio!!! Por que tan larga??!! Dio mio que tortura. La imagen estuvo genial, pero eso parecia una novelita de la que ustedes leen, la trama un tanto cliche!, pero para los gustos los colores, le doy un 6.5 a Avatar. Finalmente, el 3D estuvo cool, pero todo el tiempo estuve pensando que me hubiera gustado estar viendo Shreck en 3D mejor, LOL. Pero na, good experience in general.

    ReplyDelete